Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Beginning

So, let's start at the very beginning (a very good place to start) and I'll introduce myself. I have no reason to believe that this blog will be the most popular one in the blogsphere but I have decided to be anonymous anyway.
With that in mind, I am Mae. I am in my late 30's and have been happily married to Hub for over 10 years. We have three wonderful sons, Dino is almost 6 and we have completed our first full year of homeschooling and he is the smartest kindergarten graduate I know; Frog, almost 4, is our second son and a very determined young man; finally, bringing up the rear is Monkey, our absolutely fearless baby, who was 1 in February.

This blog will probably be a mix of all kinds of topics I find interesting. And it will not be grammatically correct all the time, because I tend to type the way I speak, with lots of run-on sentences and incorrectly placed pauses and commas. I have already had to work at making sure that I teach the boys proper grammar and language knowing that I will be their main teacher. So while I may not type properly at all times, I will be doing my best to teach them correctly.

I will also be blogging about my faith. I have been a Christian for what feels like all my life, but it's only recently that I truly started desiring a close, personal relationship with Jesus. There are a lot of things I am learning and I don't always understand it all, so there are moments of wonder, fear, excitement, awe, amazement, concern, conviction, and all kinds of other emotions. And because I am human, I won't always appear to be the model Christian that people expect.

So, that's a bit about me. Not the whole story by any means, but a start.

No comments: