Monday, June 30, 2008

Stuff

I've been having a tough few days. Hub has some things going on with his job that I can't fix. And what is really interesting to me, is that God is being very clear that my job right now is to just pray for him and let it go. And if you knew me personally, you'd know that that seems impossible.
But right now, God wants me to let go. I have to trust in God, to trust that He is in control and that He has Hub in the palm of His hand. I also have to trust Hub. Yikes! The things we have to do sometimes. Gulp!

There are some things I know for certain in my earthly life, one of them is that I can trust Hub. I trust him with every fiber of my being. But when it comes to matters of God, I am afraid that Hub isn't ready yet to trust God completely, to submit to His will. And that is where I have a hard time trusting Hub. It just so happens that in our Christian walk, I am a little bit further ahead. And I want to turn around and help Hub catch up. But I can't do it for him. And I can't drag him along either.
So right now, I am trying to tame my tongue and let Hub decide what moves he is to make. And I am not very good at it. I have a strong personality. And I tend to think that my way is the right way most of the time. When in all truth, if my way is the right way, it's only because God was right first and passed it along to me.

You know, God is so amazing. I started this post thinking about all the things Hub is doing wrong, and now, I realize it's me who's doing wrong. My job as a wife is to support my husband. I should be doing whatever I can to help him draw closer to God. I need to pray for him, I need to encourage him, I need to treat him with respect. And I don't do that nearly enough.
My husband is a wonderful man. He is kind-hearted, he is extremely loving, he is a terrific father, and he's my best friend. He is doing what he can to ensure that I am able to stay home with our children, even when sometimes it means he has to do something he doesn't like.
He's awesome and I love him so much. And I should tell him more often.

No comments: