Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Healing

I struggle sometimes with my faith. Not really my faith, but some of the details.

For instance, I know that I am saved. I know that someday I will be in heaven and get to see my wonderful savior face to face, or maybe I'll be on my face on the ground, but I know I'll be there someday.



Where I struggle is in the little things. There are so many people out there who believe in God and Jesus but people seem to believe differently. Right now, I am part of a "fringe" group in my church because I am meeting with some other women for a bible study that is not the mainstream Baptist way of doing things. For instance, I believe that it is the will of God that every person on earth be healthy and healed of all disease. Obviously, we aren't but I feel that it is God's will that we should be. Others will often pray something along the lines of "Lord, if it is your will, please heal my sister of cancer." Blah! It's always God's will that we be healed. There are so, so many verses that show that but one of my favorite is Psalm 103:1-5 (emphasis mine):


A Psalm of David. Bless Jehovah, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless Jehovah, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits; who forgives all your iniquities; who heals all your diseases; who redeems your life from ruin; who crowns you with loving-kindness and tender mercies; who satisfies your mouth with good; your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

I mean, He heals all our diseases! How awesome is that? But when you talk to someone who isn't sure, well, the problems come up. I know people who truly believe that the bible is the word of God but don't think that He heals. They believe He can heal but that He doesn't often. Which might be true, sorta. Obviously, not everyone who prays is healed. And oftentimes there is another plan at work in someone's sickness. But it is God's will to heal. We let Satan and ourselves get in the way of that healing.

No comments: