Saturday, January 28, 2012

Continuation

Well, God keeps telling me to keep my eyes on Him and then it will stop being so important what the world thinks of me.
In my Bible reading, I came across a section I needed so much now.
James 4:4-10      You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. Or do you suppose it is to no purpose that the Scripture says, “He yearns jealously over the spirit that he has made to dwell in us”? But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.

I have still been reading online, not as much, but what I am reading isn't bothering me like it was. I am doing my best to draw near to God, and as He promises, He is drawing nearer to me. I can feel His presence.

It is in times like these I realize that I shouldn't try to do it alone. It is only by God that I can do what I need to do. He carries me.
Thank you Father.

That reminds me of a chorus we sing at church:
Thank you oh my Father, for giving us Your Son. And leaving Your Spirit til the work on earth is done.

Again, I can only do it because He is with me.

No comments: