Friday, September 25, 2009

A little of this...

... and a little of that.
Wow! What a week we have had. Nothing special, same as usual, but usual is always fun!

We had a spider episode:




This big lovely was hanging in our doorway one night. It appeared only 30 minutes after the last person had come through the door. And while I am not particularly fond of spiders, it was amazing to look at the intricacy of the web. And marvel at how wonderful our God is. He created a spider to make a beautiful web, and in the process keep mosquitoes away from our door. ;)  I truly hated to have to tear down the web. But 5 am is when my dad leaves the house and he would have never seen it then. And he would not have enjoyed walking through that.

We had the snake episode I blogged about already. And nope, no pictures to go along with that. I can honestly say that I wouldn't have had the ability to take pictures of that episode.

Monkey needs a haircut:


But he hasn't gotten it yet. He wants to know everything so he won't sit still while getting a haircut; he twists around trying to see the clippers.

Frog still enjoys a good, impromptu nap with his thumb and blankie.



And both Dino and Frog enjoyed our science experiment today.






We've been talking about how our lungs and vocal cords work. And nothing works better than a hands on experiment to make it stick. I love the books that we have for this. They are part of Sonlight's package. But you can get them separately. They are Usborne books. We have Science Activities 1, 2, and 3. Each book is a combination of some of the others. For instance, in K, Frog has Science Activities volume 2 which has Science with Air, Science in the Kitchen, and Science with Plants all in the same book. We have really enjoyed these books. I will say that we sometimes have to play "spot the evolution" with Usborne books, but not so far in the science experiment ones, more so in the history books. (I've been known to use a black marker and cross out "millions of years", but that's a topic for another day.) In general, Usborne books are very nice.

And now, Monkey is sleeping, Frog and Dino are running errands with Nanny, and I am able to have a bit of computer time. Ahhhh, what a way to end a week. I love my job! ♥ ♥ ♥

2 comments:

Erica said...

Wow - that is the biggest spider web I have ever seen!

Michelle said...

What precious children. And a big ol' spider web. Cool.