Friday, March 27, 2009

Words

I'm not sure what I want to say tonight; I just feel the need to say something. The more I cruise around online these days, the more I realize I am not the "norm" anymore. I'm a nutjob, a freak, a hater, in a cult, a sheep, and not very smart. Well, at least from the world's viewpoint.
The closer I get to God, the more I learn to lean on Him, the more satisfied and fulfilled I become with my life, the more it seems that the world thinks less of me.
I struggle with this. For most of my life, I wanted to fit in, to be one of the in crowd, to have everyone like me. So, now, when so many don't like anything that I stand for, it is odd. I am not actually bothered by not being one of the group anymore. I don't want to be like them. But now, my focus has shifted to sorrow; I am grieved by the fact that there are so many lost people in the world. And they truly don't realize that they are.
Me? Well, I may not always know exactly where I am at every single moment, but I sure know where I'm going. I know whose I am!! And I am no longer ashamed of who I am. I am a daughter of the King, a joint-heir to the throne, a literal Bible believing, Spirit-filled, lover of Jesus!
I believe in God, not a god, the God, the one true God, creator of all.

No comments: