Wednesday, October 14, 2009

In remembrance...



Tomorrow, October 15, is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I will be lighting a candle at 7:30 pm in remembrance of way too many babies.
Essie- my little bub who I lost on January 26, 2006. I didn't know I was pregnant for all that long, but I still wanted that sweet babe and it still hurt when I lost her.
Sam- Sweet, sweet little Sam. I am so sorry I never got to know you baby.
Benjamin- Sam's little brother. And their mama and daddy shouldn't have had to lose both of them in so short a time. I still pray for peace.
Sweet baby O- another friend lost a baby back in 2008. And still hasn't had another. I pray every day that she will get to snuggle another baby and that sweet G will finally be a big sister.
And way too many babies who were senselessly taken from this world because we have a stupid law that says they don't count, they aren't human, they don't matter.

There are so, so, so many more babies that are not here with us. And so, so, so many moms and dads who can still feel their presence. I have many more friends who have lost babies, some have had more since then, some have not. But one thing I am sure of, I will get to meet these sweet babes one day. I will get to see them when I get to heaven. And my prayer is that if their moms and dads and brothers and sisters are not Christians, that they will be soon. I would hate to know that any mom and baby had to be separated for eternity.
I will never forget, I will always remember, I will always pray.

No comments: