Thursday, November 26, 2009

Being thankful

Thankful: conscious of benefit received; expressive of thanks; well pleased.
Thanks: kindly or grateful thoughts; an expression of gratitude.
Thanksgiving: the act of giving thanks; a prayer expressing gratitude; a public acknowledgment or celebration of divine goodness.

Psalm 50:14 Offer to God thanksgiving, And pay your vows to the Most High.

Psalm 69:30 I will praise the name of God with a song, And will magnify Him with thanksgiving.

Psalm 95:2 Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.

Psalm 100:4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.

Psalm 107:1 Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.
 
Psalm 30:12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.
 
Psalm 79:13 So we, Your people and sheep of Your pasture, Will give You thanks forever; We will show forth Your praise to all generations.
 
Colossians 1:12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. 
 
1 Thessalonians 5:18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.


Revelation 11:17 We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, The One who is and who was and who is to come, Because You have taken Your great power and reigned.
 
I have many blessings. I am so thankful for them all. But the one that matters the most is Jesus. My salvation is the biggest blessing in my life. Hands down. Nothing else even comes close. Praise God.
 
And just for information, my favorite thanksgiving blog post is at Knowing Norrah. Wonderful.

No comments: