Saturday, November 28, 2009

Crazy Love

I just started reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan tonight. I am already blown away. And humbled by the fact that the God who created everything in this universe, everything that ever was and everything that ever will be, that He loves me, He cares about me.
There is nothing I have ever done or will ever do that can make me good enough for Him. I am sin; I am dirt; I am unlovable. But because of Him, because Jesus came to earth to take my punishment, I can become white as snow, pure, holy, righteous. Because I know Jesus, I am free. I am saved.

Not one part of me is worthy of that. But how amazing is it that in spite of everything that I am, God loves me and accepts me?

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we rejoice in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.  Romans 5:1-5  (I typed that from memory. Part of a study I'm doing and I memorized it.)

He gave me a mind. He wants me to use it to think. And most importantly, I should use my mind to find Him.
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. Romans 1:20-23 
He created everything knowing that we would look to the creation to find Him. There are so many who look at creation and refuse to see Him. That is so sad to me. He's everywhere, we only have to look to see.
The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork. Psalm 19:1

God, the one who was and is and is to come loves me. It cannot get any better than that.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I have listened to several chapters and look forward to discussing this!!

It is a more amazing thought than I can comprehend, that He actually desires me.

Wow.

Pixel Perfect said...

What a great post! I loved the book crazy love and Francis Chan's latest "Forgotten God" is amazing too!

Monica