Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A lot...

I'm in a writing mood tonight but I have no idea what I want to say. And this is why I will never be one of the "professional" bloggers. This post has will have no meaning, no flow; there will be no purpose, there will be no topic.
See? I've already written 52 words and said nothing. Fun times!

So, now I've wound it up back here and finally have to actually say something. Ha!
What I now want to talk about is how much is too much? How much are you willing to disclose on your blog? Would you talk about things that you don't tell your closest friends? Would you let it all hang out?
And then, if you did, would you be upset if people then used it against you?

Just mulling some thoughts around. I've been reading MckMama's blog for almost 2 years now. At first, I was just a reader and I really enjoyed it. Then I became a member of her BlogFrog and I don't enjoy it like I used to.
Now, please don't get me wrong. I am going to explain exactly what I mean here. Because of the BF, I found that there are many people who don't like MckMama. Lots, and lots of people who don't like her. And that's okay; there's probably lots and lots of people who don't like me.
But some of these people decided to make blogs of their own to get together and discuss how much they didn't like MckMama. And they dislike her, a lot.
And I have to admit, I read, I read a lot. And there were some things that made me scratch my head. I did learn about some personal things about MckMama that I am sure she didn't want me (and so many others) learning about.
And I felt strange. I wanted to go back in time, to unlearn those things. It started to make me look at her differently. But then I went back to her blog and re-read some posts. And found that if I let go of what the others said about her, and just concentrated on what she said about herself, it was better.
I could enjoy the blog more if I wasn't trying to dissect every single little thing she said. And if you dissect it all, I'm sure there will be inconsistencies. Heck, there are probably some here, on my blog, my blog of less than 100 posts. Because, wait for it, get this, I'm human. I am flawed; I make mistakes. Try as I might, I am not perfect.

And neither is MckMama. And while I have, unfortunately, gone back to some of "those" sites and read some of "that" stuff, I still like her. And I still think she is just one woman, one flawed woman, one flawed Christian mama, trying to make her way in this world the best way she knows how. And for her, for this moment in time, she is doing so in a big way and actually making money, a lot of money, doing so. Why should I begrudge her that? Why should I try to pick out tiny things here and there that bug me about her? There are things about my best friends that bug me from time to time. Why should I expect that some woman on the internet is expected to be perfect?

Here's the thing, I don't. I'm not looking for perfection in the blogs I read. I'm not looking for gloss and shimmer. I'm looking for things that will lift me up, strengthen me, and sometimes entertain me. I find that at MckMama. And if some don't, hey, that's fine. Eh, to each their own. I do wish that others would use that mentality more often and exercise a bit more of the Golden Rule.

I would never treat someone the way I have seen some of the women who dislike MckMama treat her. It's really horrible. And I get that some of them are trying to show that she isn't who they think she is claiming to be. But really, I gotta tell you, I don't think there is ever, and I mean ever, a reason to hound someone like some people have hounded MckMama. I understand the whole "celebrity" thing, and I do think that if you are putting yourself out there in such a public way you should expect some naysayers. But c'mon, some of it is downright mean. And I do not support mean for meanness sake.

For the record, I have been known to click on her site multiple times a day when I read some of the horrible things I read about her. Makes me feel better. Heh.

And if it is found that she has been untruthful, if she has been stringing people along and making all kinds of things up; if she does end up being outed as a fraud, well, lesson learned. I'll have to stop reading blogs for entertainment I guess. Because, you know, everything you read is real, every single time. Did you hear the one about global warming?

Seriously, if something comes up and it turns out that she isn't who she says she is, well, I guess my life will move on just like it always has. There is nothing she has or will do that will in any way affect me personally. Ever. I am much more secure in who I am than to let something I read on the internet change my life to such a degree that to find out it wasn't true would be damaging.

Oh man! I love to write. Even have a rambling, babbling post like this. Sometimes just typing things out feels so refreshing, so liberating. I just like to write sometimes. Even when what I write isn't all that earth shattering.
Ah, I feel better. Now, off to sleep!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mckmama is not a fraud. She is wonderful. She is flawed. Like you and I. She will never be founded out, simply because there is nothing to find.

Well put. I liked your post. Thanks for the sweet comment by the way.

It is hard when people slaughter me. But I have to remember it's not really me they are slaughtering.

Thanks for the encouragement though :)

The Rigelsky Family said...

oops, I wasn't logged into my Sailor and Co :( The first comment (and this one are from me lol)