Sunday, March 21, 2010

Miracle

So, something funny happened on Friday. I went to the store, the same store I went to that started my whole "fat" journey. And I found some pants that fit! Oh, and get this, the same size pants as the ones I tried on before. Same size I'm still wearing in my old pants. Hmmmm, methinks something strange is going on.
Okay, I'm not sure how exactly God works. Like how He answers prayers and how He makes things happen. Does He just do it or does He set things in motion. I don't know. I do know that one day I spent a couple hour trying on clothes and nothing fit the entire time and now, just 6 days later, clothes are now fitting. Don't know for a minute if this was God's doing. I know he can perform miracles, even small, silly miracles like this.

But no matter what happened, why things didn't fit and now do, I have started a journey. I am making life-altering changes in my life. I will not gain anymore weight. I will lose weight. I will start making healthy choices for my body. I will get myself to a healthy weight and treat my body the way that God intended for me to treat it. It doesn't matter if He performed a tiny miracle just for me or not. He did perform a big, huge miracle for me. He saved me. That's miraculous enough for me.

I'm doing a Bible study right now with some friends. We have a book, "Living By The Book: Workbook" by Howard C. Hendricks and William D. Hendricks. It teaches you how to study the Bible yourself. I am enjoying it immensely. It gives pointers on how to read scripture and dig into it and truly internalize it and understand what God is saying. I just finished one section that I kept thinking about while I was typing this post. (yes, Michelle, I am still a bit behind *snicker*) It's talking about reading the Bible as a love letter. And to think about yourself in it. Put yourself in it.
Take John 3:16-17 for example; it reads:  "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."

Now, substitute your name for "the world." 
"For God so loved Mae, that He gave His only begotten Son, that if she believes in Him, she will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son to Mae to judge her, but that Mae might be saved through Him."

Wow!! How cool is that? God loved me so much, way back when He first created everything, way back before I was here, He sent Jesus for me. That right there is what I call a miracle. There's no other word for it. And the fact of the matter is, God also sent Jesus for every single person on this earth. Even people who I don't like; even people who don't like me; even people who talk trash about Him, about His people, about His Son. God sent Jesus for everyone. Don't take my word for it; read the Bible and see. Insert your name into the Bible and read it as if God is speaking directly to you.

Life changing.

Miracle.

No comments: