Friday, March 5, 2010

Voddie again!

Okay, I'm just going to come out an say it, I'm hooked. Voddie Baucham is da man! I seriously want to buy and read/watch/listen to anything he has done. Obviously, my last post mentioned him, and now, I gotta tell you something else about him.
I watched a video of a talk he gave titled "Why I Choose to Believe the Bible". Oh my gosh!! I wish I could memorize it! I freeze up so often when talking to people face to face and even online. But the points he laid out in this were so right on and I wish I could recall them at will. I did take really good notes and I have a lot of the info down so I can study it and use it to help me.
The main point of the talk was that we as Christians too often can't answer that question and we ultimately do more harm than good. So Mr. Baucham outlined the right way to answer. He sums it up like this: "The Bible is a reliable collection of historical documents written by eyewitnesses during the lifetime of other eyewitnesses. They report supernatural events that took place in fulfillment of specific prophecies and they claim that their writings are Divine, rather than human, in origin." This is based on 2 Peter 1:16-21
Again, I could quote the whole thing but I won't. It is worth a read/listen whatever. You can download it to an mp3 player here.  You can listen to it here.  And that's just a couple I googled just now.



One more quick thing. I found a site that you can test your worldview. I found it to be very interesting. I have been wanting to know where I would stand in my worldview. I think had I taken the test just a few years ago, I wouldn't have been pleased with the results. But now, I'm closer to where I want to be; I'm closer to God.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That test was stressful.

I'll email you my results! :)