Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 25 of 90

What struck me about the reading for today (1 Kings 8- 1 Kings 16) was the detail Solomon gave to the building of the temple. He leaves nothing out. There is a portion of Solomon's prayer of dedication that really spoke to me. 1 Kings 8: 27-30 “But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain You. How much less this temple which I have built! Yet regard the prayer of Your servant and his supplication, O LORD my God, and listen to the cry and the prayer which Your servant is praying before You today: that Your eyes may be open toward this temple night and day, toward the place of which You said, ‘My name shall be there,’ that You may hear the prayer which Your servant makes toward this place. And may You hear the supplication of Your servant and of Your people Israel, when they pray toward this place. Hear in heaven Your dwelling place; and when You hear, forgive.


God is in His temple. He's everywhere. But think about how wonderful it is to come into His house to worship Him. It's a gift He's given us to be able to worship with other believers in His holy place.
Thankfully, I think that I have finally found the place I am going to worship. We've been without a home church for several months. We've tried several, but nothing was just right. Until a few weeks ago. We've been to a new church now and it seems to fit just right. And it's glorious to be able to worship my God with other believers.

No comments: