Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 7 of 90: Are you willing?

I'm tired. Still not completely over my cold. So today's entry is going to be very short. I hope everyone who is reading along is staying caught up in the reading. Next up is Leviticus and that can be harder to read, and easier to fall behind. Stay with it though, the reward is priceless!



What jumped right out at me for today's reading (which was Exodus 29:1 - 40:28) was Exodus 35:21 and everyone who was willing and whose heart moved him came and brought an offering to the LORD for the work on the Tent of Meeting, for all its service, and for the sacred garments.

God could have forced every Israelite to bring offerings. But He didn't. Only the people who were willing and whose heart was moved brought offerings.
That's a lot like it is now. He is offering us the gift of salvation, but we have to be willing to accept it. Plain and simple.

2 comments:

Andrea Holloman said...

Well said!

I am taking notes as I read through, and this is what I jotted down today.

Willing hearted giving = liberal giving. (35:22 & 29)

They were so excited about giving to the work that Moses had to make an announcement to STOP! 36:7 says "For the stuff they had was sufficient for all the work to make it, and too much."

How different would our churches be if that were the case today.

Have a great rest of your weekend. "see" you tomorrow.

Andrea in NC

Andrea Holloman said...

Here's my post from my blog today!

http://busymomscancook.blogspot.com/2010/07/day-7.html