Sunday, July 4, 2010

Ahem

So, the last post notwithstanding, we shall ignore the fact that it's been almost 2 months since my last update.
What? You didn't notice? Well, we're moving right along anyway.

The last week has been crazy. I have a cold, which has been developing for several days and is full blown now. I hate having colds. Blech. Oh, and Dino and Frog had the chicken pox. Spots started last Monday and followed the classic pattern. They both had very mild cases and haven't had new spots in a few days. Monkey has so far not had any spots. The awesome part is that they've all three had the vaccine. Yippee!! So glad I made them get that shot just so that they could get the pox anyway a few years later.
Okay, just a little sarcasm. I will say that had I known all I know now about immunizations, I don't think I would have done them all. The boys have had all that are recommended, on a slightly delayed schedule. I don't like them to get more than one shot at a time, so that delayed things a bit. But now, eh, I don't think I would have done them all.

Moving right along, I signed up to do another Read the Bible in 90 Days, this time through MomsToolbox. Last time I did this, I was in a group and we met once a week. I'm not sure how I'll be able to handle the online version, but I really want to do it again. It was such a wonderful experience the first time around so I'm sure it will be again. I just don't know how I'll manage with the online aspects, especially Twitter. I just don't get Twitter. But, I guess I can learn.

And well, that's all I've got for tonight. I started this post at 2ish this afternoon and it is now almost 10. It's been a long day. Because we were "quarantined" for the pox, we had a fun 4th celebration here at home. We ate dinner outside, picnic'ish style, roasted marshmallows and had s'mores and the boys and Hub are sleeping in the tent. Okay, Monkey is in the house, and, yep, now Frog is in the house. We'll see who makes it all night. So, I'm tired and going to go to bed soon. I've got a busy day reading ahead of me tomorrow!

No comments: