Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 27 of 90: Jesus has got my back.

I'm late. Today's been one of those days. And I thought I would have plenty of time so I didn't write my post ahead. So, this won't be earth shattering, but it will come from the heart.

The verse that stuck out to me in this section was 2 Kings 6:16 So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” 
That's what I should think about God. I shouldn't be afraid of anything or anyone because I have Him. And He is greater than anything or anyone else.
It reminds me of something Jesus said in John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
And also 1 John 4:4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

So, no matter what I have going on in my life, no matter what trials I am dealing with, I can relax, and take comfort in the fact that God is always there for me, He is on my side. Jesus has already proven that He can take whatever this world can dish out. With Him on my side, I have nothing to fear.
Jesus has got my back. I am protected.

No comments: