Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 28 of 90

2 Kings 17:7-8 All this took place because the Israelites had sinned against the LORD their God, who had brought them up out of Egypt from under the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt. They worshiped other gods and followed the practices of the nations the LORD had driven out before them, as well as the practices that the kings of Israel had introduced.

It seems so odd, but it's really that simple. All of the evil, the bad in the world is because of sin. It's all because we have sinned against the Lord our God.

2 Kings 17:13 The LORD warned Israel and Judah through all his prophets and seers: "Turn from your evil ways. Observe my commands and decrees, in accordance with the entire Law that I commanded your fathers to obey and that I delivered to you through my servants the prophets."

He has told us. We have no excuses. The Bible is here for us to read and to learn from.

I just wish that I could remember that.

No comments: