Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 42 of 90: Pride

Psalm 10:4 The wicked in his proud countenance does not seek God; God is in none of his thoughts.

It has been a rough week for me. Nothing major, but busy. Then, somehow, in the midst of the business, my Bible reading slacked off. One minute, I'm right where I should be and then, bam! I'm three days behind.

The first time I did the Bible in 90 Days Challenge, I did great the first couple of weeks. Then I got a day behind and stayed a day or two behind the entire time. I ended up finishing in 91 days, so with the two day grace period, that meant I finished three days behind based on the schedule.
But I finished and I was very proud of myself. It was the first time I'd ever read the whole Bible and I was very proud of the fact that I finished.

Then this new challenge came up. I didn't even know about it until a few days, maybe a week, before. But I was immediately on board. I wanted to to do it again. And I have enjoyed every minute of it. From the beginning I was determined to stay on track and even get ahead in my reading. And I was accomplishing what I wanted to. And I was proud of myself.

But somewhere along the line being proud of my accomplishment twisted into me being prideful and cocky. I was doing it again. Look at me, I'm reading the Bible super fast. Haha, 90 days! I'm so special.
But my feet have been knocked right out from under me. While I have read the Bible every day, I have not been able to keep on track with the 90 day program. And I have only myself to blame.

This makes me feel so sad. I wanted to stay focused and on track. But I let my sinful nature take over.
Now, what's left to do is to read and read and read. I have to gain back my focus. I need to keep Him number one, the main focus of my life. I can do it. I can do what I should have done the first time around. I am putting Him at the top. He is who I am going to focus on.

No comments: