Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 53 of 90

Today's reading is in Isaiah. I still have to finish the last chapter for today, but I wanted to go ahead and post an entry. I haven't done it in so long and I didn't want to wait again and then forget. ;)

A couple of verses popped out to me in this section.
Isaiah 63:14 As a beast goes down into the valley, And the Spirit of the LORD causes him to rest, So You lead Your people, To make Yourself a glorious name.
That just put a picture in my head. God, leading us where He wants us to go, and the reason is to glorify Him. Kinda puts it all into perspective. It's not about me; it's all about Him, making His name glorious. If I am acting like I have been acting the past few days, I am not bringing Him any glory. I haven't been behaving like a child of God should. And I am so sorry. Father, I ask for your forgiveness. My sole purpose in life is to bring You glory. I haven't been doing that. Please forgive me.

Another verse meant a lot to me today. Isaiah 64:4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, nor has the eye seen any God besides You, who acts for the one who waits for Him.
There has never been and will never be, any God besides You Lord. You are God. No one else. No matter what they may say, no matter what sleight of hand they perform, no matter how many people follow their lead, no ear has heard, no eye has seen any God besides You. Amen.

No comments: